The Lord is my Shepherd… Ps 23:1.

When I carried my first son for the first time after his birth, I had a very strange yet exciting feeling, I felt so connected and bonded to the young innocent one who had barely opened his eyes, I still cannot explain it. I afterwards imagined how the father feels towards us especially when a soul returns to the love of the father.

Notice that the entire chapter (Psalm 23) is filled with personal pronouns than collective pronouns, the use of the pronouns me, my, and I is predominant. 

Notice also, how the psalmist speaks confidently about His shepherd, firstly in the ability of the shepherd, then, then his experience with the shepherd and lastly his personal encounter with the shepherd. These point in a particular direction; one of a close-knit relationship and fellowship with the shepherd.

There must be an existent bond between the shepherd and the sheep, a bond so strong that you become so used to Him, an unusual closeness that makes you to know His way and know His person beyond confusion. There must be unbroken fellowship between the Lord and you. 

Have you established contact with the shepherd, have you commended your life to him, are you submitted as yet, have you bonded?

 

2 Comments

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Us