The Lord is my shepherd, I shall no want… Ps 23:1

The Psalmist, David declared ‘the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want’. In this, he points out one of the benefits of being shepherded by the Lord. Being under the Lord’s care, leadership and discipline is a cover from life’s many hazards.  

I shall not want’. Some translations have interpreted this to mean that my needs are being met; I shall not lack anything good, in this the essence of this scripture is captured. When the Lord is your shepherd, there is a unique provision to meet your needs already, Paul puts it this way ‘and my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory through Christ JesusPhil 4:19.

Have you committed yourself to the Lord, have you committed your ways to Him, are you under His cover; if your answer is yes, be assured, there is God’s provision awaiting you. David says further ’young lions do lack and suffer hunger, but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thingPs 34:10

The confidence with which this was uttered is mind-blowing; as you grow in fellowship with the shepherd, your confidence in Him increases. Beloved, Jesus awaits you, you need the good shepherd.

Are you in need, get to the shepherd, call upon Him, pray, there is provision already, call it out, the shepherd cares.

1 Comments

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Us