He makes me lie down… In other words, my shepherd makes me lie down.

While preparing for my youth service, I had two options, the first was to await the commission’s official posting, and the second was to influence the posting. I decided to influence the posting; however, I called an aunt whom I loved and respected, seeking her opinion about the matter. Aunt T outrightly told me to drop the idea, she was instructive, I obeyed and in the end, I was glad.

If we would land safely in destiny port, then we must be guided, we need to be guided rightly always. There must be that figure that we are submitted to, one who is able to hold us accountable or in other words, one whom we are accountable to. There are certain times in our lives where we need to come down from our lofty heights, there must be figures in our lives that can humble us. The Psalmist praised His shepherd, who makes him lie down.

There is a proverbial saying amongst the Yoruba people in Nigeria, it goes thus, ‘the dog that would get lost does not heed the whistle of the hunter’ this means that anyone that doesn’t heed instruction is headed for destruction. Who is that one person whose language you understand, whose chastisement you cherish. One proof of your submission to the shepherd is your submission to his messengers/servants.

Whom do you submit to? Who calls you to order? Who makes you lie?

Jesus?

2 Comments

  1. Lord JESUS i submit to you.
    Lead me LORD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father I humble myself before voluntarily , please don't humble me forcefully in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Us